Monday, October 27, 2008

Why "I Do Vow To"


With a very uncertain economy and even shakier sense of life as we know it, our confidence and security are being tested daily. Gas prices are up, gas prices are down, global warming threatens human existence...not to mention terrorism threats and the daily roller coaster we call the stock market.

I have been meeting with many couples who want to go beyond just planning their wedding. They want to show gratitude for their blessings as well as wanting to contribute in some small or large way to leaving a smaller carbon footprint, reinvesting in the local economy and improving the lives of others. They want their wedding to represent an awareness of the greater good, in addition to having one heck of a good time.

So, why "I Do Vow To"...we want to meet the needs of these couples and wedding professionals who recognize the opportunity to make life just a little better for those less fortunate than themselves. For example, one of my favorite photographers does more than photograph weddings - he donates a minimum of four weeks every year to building homes or schools in third world countries. He also sponsors a child for an annual membership fee in the name of the couples who hire him to photograph their wedding.

After extensive research, networking and hand-selecting vendors, I have put together this opportunity which I believe will fulfill the needs of those couples who feel a commitment to making a lasting impact to community in big or small ways. Every couple who contracts with "I Do Vow To" will have the benefit of choosing other wedding professionals who are committed to making a global difference as well.

Watch for additional posts as "I Do Vow To" adds additional professionals to our recommended list of vendors and new ideas we would love to see catch on.

No comments: