
Okay, I admit it...I am a closet winter wedding geek. For anyone who knows me, they hear me constantly complaining about the snow and cold but more likely they'll hear me scheming to get to the warm waters of the Caribbean or Mexico.
However when I stop and think about it, winter can be a beautiful time of year all courtesy of Mother Nature. I read that forecasters are predicting a snowier than usual winter, which means driving headaches and parking angst. But hey, I'm a "glass is half full" kind of gal so I'm choosing to put a positive spin on this.
I had the great pleasure to design and pull together a fabulous winter wedding for Ashley and Shea this year and we used a lot of silver and gold. But the color palates can vary from silver and blue, to all white tone on tone, to red and green during the Christmas season. Actually there's almost no colors that won't work for a winter wedding...except black and orange maybe.
Here are some ideas and photos of elegant yet simple decor for your winter wedding. Check out my previous post on ice lanterns. They are eco-friendly and economic and make a stunning impact with little effort.
I'll be posting some of the huge advantages to a winter wedding over the next few days so stay warm and enjoy the holidays.




No comments:
Post a Comment