Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Do Vow To "Share My Blessings"

In this third of a series of "I Do Vow To" posts, "share my blessings" can mean many things. Here are some thought provoking tips to get you started on the path to planning your wedding that lasts beyond your wedding day:
  • Arrange to have your flowers, centerpieces and bouquets delivered to a nursing home, hospital or long-term care facility
  • Work with a caterer who can donate excess food to a local shelter, fire station or food shelf
  • Provide meaningful wedding favors crafted by patients of a rehab center, hospice unit, or any facility that offers crafts, jewelry or art for sale. For example the Alzheimer's Association of Kansas City auctions patients artwork and raises substantial sums for Alzheimer's research. The Courage Center of Minneapolis offers beautiful greeting cards, completely designed and created by residents of the Courage Center.
  • In lieu of a meaningful favor, donate a sum to a favorite charitable organization
  • Hire wedding vendors who donate a portion of their fee to benevolent causes
I hope these tips will inspire you to create a memorable and meaningful wedding that will live beyond your wedding day. Please share your ideas with us!

Thank you for reading...

I Do Vow To

No comments: