Thursday, March 5, 2009

In This Economy...


who doesn't want or need to save money on hotel accommodations and yes even wedding venues?

While I was in Duluth this week I stayed at a charming Bed & Breakfast called Matthew S Burrows 1890 Inn. My room had all the creature comforts a hotel offers but there was a certain personalized element that is rarely found even in five-star luxury hotels. The room had high ceilings, an antique bed {with comfortable mattress} beautiful quilts and coordinating bedding, ceiling fan, wing back chairs and the most luxurious free-standing claw footed soaking tub, to name a few.

The next morning I enjoyed a delectable breakfast of fresh fruit, homemade blueberry muffin and an upside down apple puff pancake with caramel sauce, orange juice and fresh brewed coffee. This certainly beats the continental breakfasts offered at many chains.

As I was driving home the thought occurred to me that when a newly engaged couple is looking for hotel accommodations for their out-of-town guests, they usually contact hotels for room blocks. That's the first thought I have as well, however couples should consider local Inn's and B&B's like Matthew S Burrows 1890 Inn. Duluth is a great example of the hotel market being just mediocre, however throw in the Bed & Breakfasts and places like Fitger's Inn and guests have many more appealing and affordable options.

In part II I'll explain why a B&B fits into the I Do Vow To business model and discuss why they make sense for wedding venues. Check out the Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association for locations near you.

No comments: