Last week I posted about the benefits of out-of-town wedding guests staying in a Bed & Breakfast over a hotel. With the right size wedding, this would be a great option for a ceremony and reception as well. There are many B & B's who offer these services, however do not advertise them.
Owners are wary to advertise wedding services, typically because they are a lot of work and not a lot of profit for the owner. However, many owners I have met enjoy the opportunity to be a part of such a special time in couples lives and feel they can offer very personalized services a typical venue cannot. Since most B&B's started out as private homes, the quaintness and charm of the surroundings cannot be replicated in say for example, a hotel ballroom.
Most couples I work with say they are looking for ambiance and unique surroundings with a historical perspective and I say, what about a B & B? If the guest list is under 75, many properties will hold ceremonies in the garden with a cocktail party on the wrap around porch and dinner inside.
B&B's are easy on the budget. Most properties do not charge room rental or even a set-up fee. A special catering license is needed to provide food beyond breakfast but the owners I have worked with seem content to include this fee with their food and beverage charge.
Another reason to consider a B&B is very little extra expense is needed for florals and decor. So many have beautiful lush gardens can serve as ceremony backdrops. Guests are wowed by the simple fact that your wedding is in a gorgeous setting and little else is needed to enhance it.
I'll provide a list of my most favorite B&B's in Minnesota in part III.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment