Thursday, March 19, 2009

In This Economy...part III









In the previous two segments "In This Economy" I covered how Bed and Breakfasts can be an affordable and completely unique experience for out-of-town wedding guests rather than the traditional hotel. They can also be the perfect setting for an intimate wedding ceremony and reception.

Here are my favorite Bed and Breakfasts:
  • The Peacock Inn - located in Chaska, MN is owned and lovingly run by Joyce and Jens Bohn has 5 very beautiful bedrooms all with private baths and some with two person jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces and antique furniture. They have hosted many private functions including rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremonies and receptions and family reunions. I have hosted events at The Peacock and look forward to doing so again.
  • Matthew S Burrows 1890 Inn in Duluth is conveniently located across the street from St. Paul's Episcopal Church and has stunning views of Lake Superior. It too has five comfortable bedrooms all with private baths but the highlight has to be the breakfast. You will receive a meal fit for a king all by candlelight.
  • Ivy Creek Farm in Lynchburg, VA is a personal favorite. I met innkeepers Marilyn and Lynn Brooks in Puerto Vallarta at one of the weddings I coordinated. I enjoyed every moment spent discussing the trials and tribulations of innkeeping but also the joy and satisfaction they receive making new friends practically every week. Theirs is a much larger inn and capable of handling weddings up to 100 guests. Ivy Creek Farm is situated on 8 acres at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and they have something practically unheard of, an indoor swimming pool.
For more information about each of these properties check out their websites and tell them Amy from Fete Perfection recommended you. I know you will be well taken care of.

2 comments:

BnBFinder said...

It is true that more budget-conscious brides are looking to B&Bs as their choice for a local destination wedding. At BnBFinder.com, you can find many all inclusive packages and even eco-friendly pacakges. www.bnbfinder.com

I Do Vow To said...

Thanks for the tip.